Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2011 Men’s Collection
Maybe it’s my nostalgia for Italy or my recent obsession with blacks and whites but I’m going to make a bold statement: I would wear every single item in this collection.
I’m not usually a fan of D&G’s actual clothing as I find the brand more about the hoopla most of time but this collection has reminded me that they’re still an important contributor to men’s style. You’ll forget the Madonna t-shirts and beaded jeans once you’ve viewed this collection. I don’t think I’ve seen such a solid presentation in years.
Some of my favourites:
– the play on the Italian fisherman pants but cut in such a modern way
– the leather braided belts
– the interesting crotch-centric briefs with accent lines to bring one’s attention RIGHT to the junk
– the weaving on those motorcross jackets
– the beautiful suits
– the homage to life and work near Italian waters
– the sunglasses
– Tony Ward
Add Annie Lennox crooning some hits to a star-studded audience and you’ve still got that D&G hoopla. But the clothes speak for themselves. I’m excited to go and see them in person.